Renting truck scales and axle pads in Edmonton, Alberta
If you use a truck to transport raw materials, you probably know that having an accurate scale for measuring your truck’s axle weight is essential. However, buying a truck scale outright can be a big investment, especially if you’re a business that’s just starting out. That’s why at Anacoma Scales we offer truck scales and axle pads for rental as well as purchase. Keep reading to learn more about how truck scales work and the types available for rental at our warehouse in Edmonton.
Why are truck scales important?
Truck scales are used to determine the axle weight—the weight supported by each of the truck’s axles—and the gross vehicle weight of trucks carrying heavy loads. It’s important to weigh transport vehicles so you can avoid the steep fines for exceeding a truck’s maximum axle weight. Loads that are too heavy can cause damage to the vehicle and decrease its overall stability, putting everyone on the road in danger. What’s more, driving an overweight vehicle can void your insurance policy.
What’s the difference between a regular truck scale and an axle pad?
A full-length truck scale allows for the entire vehicle to be weighed at once. It consists of several key parts:
- The foundation, which is built either into a shallow pit or above ground
- The weighbridge, the steel or concrete surface onto which the truck drives
- The indicator, the scale system control centre
- The load cells, the measuring devices embedded in the scale that determine vehicle weights.
Axle pad scales are ideal for calculating axle weights in places where a regular truck scale can’t be easily installed. They consist of weigh pads that go under the truck to take the weight of each axle individually. The axle weights can be combined to determine the gross vehicle weight.
At Ancoma Scales, we have both full-length truck scales and axle pads available for rental. Here are two of the models we offer:
- ATV portable truck scales. The new ATV truck scale is not only durable and high performing but also exceptionally portable. The factory-wired, self-contained modules of this scale make it easy to install, relocate and expand as needed. It’s perfect for use in road construction and timber operations where easy transport and set-up is key. AX3040 axle scales. These axle scales are light, easy to transport, available in multiple lengths and have a weighing capacity of 60,000 to 80,000 pounds. They’re ideal for weighing vehicles in temporary worksites or areas with uneven ground.
Renting truck scales in Alberta
At Ancoma Scales, we’re proud to sell and rent quality truck scales to people in Edmonton and across Alberta. To learn more, contact us today!